Nufins Epicon Crack Injection System – Thixatropic & Low Viscosity
Epoxide Resin Crack Injection System
Nufins Epicon Crack Injection System – Thixatropic is a solvent-free epoxide crack injection resin available in two grades: either LV, a low viscosity grade where maximum penetration is essential or TH, a thixotropic grade for use where maximum flow is undesirable. Suitable for injecting cracks in concrete, masonry and brickwork to consolidate the structural element and eliminate water penetration.
Epicon Crack Injection is designed to comply with the requirements of EN1504 Part 5.
Colour: LV – Amber. TH – Pale amber.
Pack Size: 0.25kg, 0.5kg units and a 1kg complete kit (gun, cartridges etc.)
Yield: LV – 0.945 Litre/kg. TH – 0.910 Litre/kg.
- Solvent free non-shrink system
- Excellent bond strength with in-built flexibility
- Suitable for use on damp structures
- Available in two grades to cover most applications
- Injection kit available to allow repairs to be completed quickly and simply
- Will penetrate gaps of width 0.1mm and above
- Excellent performance in harsh environments
- Good chemical and water resistance
- The Thixotropic grade is suitable for vertical cracks and can be used in inverted situations, where access is limited
All surfaces should be free from chemical contamination, oil, grease and debris. Oil and grease can be removed using Desolve or similar product. Concrete should be scarified or acid etched to remove any laitance. All surfaces should be free from standing water.
Epicon Crack Injection L.V. is typically poured into horizontal cracks, however when injecting vertical/inverted applications (with either version) the crack will require some preparation to install injection flanges as well as sealing the face of the crack with Formfil.
Instructions for Vertical and Inverted Injections
- Mix the Formfil by placing a small amount of the resin paste onto a flat board, approximately the size of a golf ball. Squeeze out a strip of hardener approximately 25mm long and mix thoroughly with a putty knife until a smooth even colour paste is obtained
- Use the Formfil to bond the injection flanges to the crack, using the locating pins to ensure the correct positioning
- Ensure the flanges do not become blocked with Formfil
- Flanges should be bonded at between 200mm-500mm centres depending on the width and depth of the crack
- Formfil should also be used to seal the surface of the crack in-between flanges. Formfil will harden in approximately 20 minutes after which time injection can commence
- Mix the Epicon Crack Injection Resin by adding the entire contents of the hardener tin to the base tin and slowly stir until the materials are thoroughly mixed. A pallet knife may be needed for the Thixotropic grade, to scrape the hardener out of its tin
- Place the mixed resin into the assembled cartridge and fit into the skeleton gun
- Attach a suitable length of plastic tubing to the cartridge nozzle and fit to the first inject flange (the lowest flange for vertical applications), gently injecting the resin
- When the resin appears at the second flange cease injecting and plug the first flange. Repeat the operation for the subsequent flanges
- Clean all equipment with Nuwash
- After 24 hours remove the nozzles and make good any surface defects with Formfil