Please click the product links to view specific product information within the Floor Screeds range and download technical product data sheets.
All our advertised prices include free standard U.K. mainland delivery.
“Great prices, free technical support and a 100% happy to recommend customer rating.”
Flooring and Floor Screeds
Installing a cement based or polyurethane resin screed is a simple way of covering an existing floor substrate to provide a sound sub-floor for subsequent floor finishes such as carpets, vinyl flooring, laminate or hardwood flooring. It may also be required as a final wearing finish in industrial premises which have a variety of traffic levels.
The screed can be used to improve uneven concrete surfaces to meet design tolerances for the installation of coverings or for instance, to level traffic aisles to allow safe and smooth operation of high reach forklift trucks. Repairs to concrete floors prior to the installation of new polyurethane screeds can be made in several ways. Depending on the situation fast drying cement, epoxy or polyurethane kits can be used to effect quick localised repairs.
Screeds can be laid as:
- Un-bonded onto a suitable damp proof membrane
- Bonded direct to the substrate via a suitable bonding agent
- Floated onto a layer of rigid insulation
- Proprietary cement based bagged screeds are available in many types such as:
- Self-levelling or smoothing screeds laid from 2mm to 20mm. These are generally used as underlayment for further finishes and under floor heating
- Self-levelling and pump-able industrial traffic grade screeds for both internal and external use, laid at 5mm and above
- Fast setting and rapid hardening traffic grade screeds which allow use quickly
- The general thickness of application is greater than 10mm
Alternatively, please use our enquiry form and we will respond shortly.